Top 10 CPA Resources on AICPA.org
I spend quite a bit of time wading through various analytic and metric reports, whether it’s examining open rates for our newsletters or retweets on Twitter. I find data fascinating and it can speak volumes about what interests users and helps drive future content. So I took a look at the work our Web team does and determined the 10 most downloaded CPA resources on AICPA.org. They are listed after the jump starting with the most visited.
- Statements on Auditing Standards – Did you know the AICPA sets U.S. generally accepted auditing standards for private companies, non-profit organizations, federal, state and local governments? The AICPA has a comprehensive list of SASs and interpretations available.
- AICPA Code of Professional Conduct – AICPA members are required to adhere to the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct. The Code is regularly updated and available on AICPA.org. Section 101 – Independence is the most visited section of the Code.
- AICPA Membership Benefits – Find out all the benefits you are entitled to as an AICPA member, including discounts on products and services, and access to print publications like The Tax Adviser.
- Current Developments in S Corporations (Part I) – Speaking of The Tax Adviser, this article from the October 2011 issue is quite popular. The article explores several tax law and administrative changes have affected S corporations and their shareholders in the past year ending July 9, 2011.
- CPA Horizons 2025 – With the final report from CPA Horizons 2025 released last month, it’s no surprise this resource tops the list. CPA Horizons 2025 final report provides a roadmap for the future of the CPA profession.
- State Contact Information – The AICPA maintains contact information for various state agencies and organizations, including state CPA societies, state boards of accountancy and so forth. This resource is exceptional for a CPA who needs information from a specific state.
- Career Paths – CPAs can be found in every possible industry, from entertainment to restaurants. This resource can help CPAs assess their skills and find the right path for their career.
- CPA Salaries – Salary is an important consideration whether looking for a job or examining your current position. This resource provides links to tools that one can use to determine salary ranges.
- Personal Financial Planning – One of the most popular specialties within the CPA profession, CPA personal financial planners provide estate, tax, retirement, risk management and investment planning advice.
- Measurement of Fair Value for Certain Transactions of Not-for-Profit Entities – This recently released whitepaper rounds out the top 10 and discusses fair value measurement for not-for-profit entities on transactions that include unconditional promises to give cash or other financial assets, beneficial interests in trusts and split interest agreements.
Didn’t see a resource you use often or find especially helpful? Share it with others in the comments below.
Gregory J. Wright, MBA, AICPA Staff. Greg serves as editor for CPA Letter Daily, AICPA News Update, AICPA Insights and IFRS Report, and manages the CPA Letter Daily’s Twitter account and various other communications projects.