Compelling Research and Helpful Tools for CGMAs
As a busy CPA in Business and Industry, you may not have time to seek out resources to help you in your day-to-day work. More than 33,000 CGMAs are already enjoying access to valuable benefits like innovative thought leadership reports and tools. The following is just a sample of the dozens of resources available on CGMA.org.
- In many organizations, finance supports the business in making strategic decisions and building a sustainable business model—moving beyond more traditional finance roles. In the report, Fast-Track to Leadership: The challenges, opportunities and action plan, the AICPA and CIMA conducted global interviews and senior roundtables to capture the changing requirements in skills, experience and behaviors needed to progress within finance and into the wider business.
- Improving Decision Making in Organizations: Unlocking business intelligence delivers key insights into current developments in business intelligence and practical information to transform finance functions, providing CGMAs with the tools to improve accounting operations and acquire a greater competence in informed decision-making.
- Periodically, the latest major fraud hits the headlines as other organizations sit back and watch, telling themselves that “it couldn’t happen here.” Nevertheless, the reality is that fraud can happen anywhere. Fraud Risk Management: A guide to good practice aims to help CGMAs and others with an interest in tackling fraud in their organizations to take practical steps towards establishing more robust procedures, particularly in terms of prevention, detection and response.
- CGMAs need to ensure the provision of high-quality information to support strategic decision-making and demonstrate the professional and ethical behaviors crucial to their organization’s long-term success. They may have a difficult balance to strike between being an effective strategic business partner while maintaining professional independence and objectivity. Governing For Performance: New direction in corporate governance can help CGMAs add value to the governance process and, in turn, the effective performance of the organization.
- Thirsty Planet: Business responses to water scarcity, commissioned by the AICPA and
CIMA, highlights the economic challenges of water sustainability. CGMAs have the skills, such as risk management, analytics and forecasting, to help their companies create sustainable business models. They can provide the right information to help decision makers understand the true cost of business so that they utilize resources more efficiently for both the short and long-term.
- In all markets, family-owned businesses form the bulk of the economy and in terms of numbers of individual enterprises, they account for a significant proportion of GDP in their markets. Managing the Challenges of Family Business details how CGMAs are uniquely positioned to help the leaders of family-owned businesses address these trials.
Be sure to download the reports today, as access will be restricted to CGMAs only at the end of September 2012. If you like what you see, consider becoming a CGMA—new resources are always in development.
Do you have any ideas for a report or tool you’d like to see? Let us know by commenting below.
Chrissy Jones, MBA, AICPA Staff.