21 Songs to Motivate You for the Busy Season Homestretch
The end of March is here, which means that the end of busy season is just a few weeks away. Congratulations! You have accomplished a great deal so far. I know it is easy to get discouraged at this point. You are likely feeling sleep-deprived and stressed about your looming deadlines. How will you ensure that you will finish this season strong? Maybe you stay motivated by thinking about the time you will have to catch up on your favorite shows, work out at the gym, or relax with family and friends once April 18 rolls around. Or maybe you push through to the end by turning up the music.
Whether you look for tunes with inspirational lyrics and catchy beats or songs that promote focus, there are numerous options out there, so why not create a motivational playlist?
We surveyed AICPA employees and members currently in the thick of busy season, asking what they choose to listen to during this stressful time of year. Below are some of their favorites.
- Don’t Stop Believing by Journey - recommended by Laura Gutteridge Años and Susan Allen
- Hakuna Matata from The Lion King - recommended by Carol King
- I Don’t Get Tired by Kevin Gates - recommended by Kari Hipsak
- It’s the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine) by REM- recommended by Mike Austin
- Just Keep Swimming from Finding Nemo - recommended by Sherry Clay
- Levels by Avicii - recommended by Amanda Black
- Livin’ on a Prayer by Bon Jovi - recommended by Lori Overholt and Carl Mayes
- Let Me Clear My Throat (Old School Reunion Remix) by DJ Kool -recommended by Julia Morriss
- One More Mile by Clarence “Gatemouth” Brown - recommended by Lindsay Patterson
- Over the Hills and Far Away by Led Zeppelin - recommended by James Collins
- Piano Concerto No. 21, Andante by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - recommended by Hiromi Young and Larry C. Herzog Butler
- Shake It Off by Taylor Swift - recommended by Carey Mitchell
- Shape of You by Ed Sheeran - recommended by Ashley Smith
- Some Nights by Fun. - recommended by Shelly Guzzetta
- Takin Care of Business by Bachman-Turner Overdrive - recommended by Sheryl Rowling and John Rodgers
- The Road Goes On Forever by Robert Earl Keen - recommended by Wil Crawford
- Under Pressure by Queen featuring David Bowie - recommended by Marie DeCicco
- Walking on Sunshine by Katrina and the Waves - recommended by Cindy Frey
- Welcome to the Jungle by Guns N’ Roses - recommended by Ashley Britton
- What I Like about You by The Romantics - recommended by Bill Tzamaras
- And, it wouldn’t be a tax season playlist without Taxman by The Beatles - recommended by Ed Karl, Mary Riley and Lisa Joseph
It’s the final countdown. What will you be listening to during the busy season homestretch?
Alexis Rothberg, Communications Manager, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants.
Ann Marie Maloney, Communications Manager – Tax and Personal Financial Planning, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants.
Man listening to music at work image courtesy of Shutterstock