As a CPA, commitment to lifelong learning is a key to your continued success. To ensure you are meeting both your goals and CPE requirements, it is crucial to spend time planning how you will build not only your technical competence, but also your networking and people skills.
What works for me is setting New Year’s resolutions for my career every year. I start by assessing my development needs and setting my goals.
Try these questions to get started:
- Are there skills I need to strengthen?
- Are there gaps in my knowledge?
- Do I want to provide new services to my clients?
- Is there a certificate or a credential I want to add to my professional profile?
- What do I want to achieve in 2017?